iPhoto freezing help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit macrumors newbie

I've got an issue with iPhoto. Whenever I open it, a window opens asking if I want iPhoto to open every time I attach a digital camera, then the rest of iPhoto opens and the application freezes, and I am unable to click anything.

Assistance please? :)

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Is it possible to reinstall iLife/iPhoto?

3. Sage o' G-fruit thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't buy iLife, iPhoto came with my computer.

4. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

In that case, iLife should be on your install disk that came with your Mac. Pop that in, and select "install software only" or something similar to that. Then, after the reinstall of iLife, you can try to relaunch iPhoto.
    Good luck!

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is this the first time you're launching iPhoto? Did you just purchase this computer? If so, check if there's a software update to bring it to version 8.1. If its running 8.1 or you were able to open iPhoto before to import images and you have a library already there, try creating a new library to see if iPhoto is taking issue with your library. To create a temp library, hold option while launching iPhoto, select the option to "Create New" and save the library in ~/Pictures. Does iPhoto open? If not, dvdhsu's recommendation has merit. However to avoid complications with the reinstall process, removing the iPhoto application from /Applications and receipts related to iPhoto from /Library/Receipts is not a bad idea. As dvdhsu posted, insert the second disc, launch the Bundled Applications installer, and customize it to put just iPhoto back on the system.