iPhoto freezing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ramzhh, May 26, 2010.

1. ramzhh macrumors regular

Hey guys.

As I was passing around a shop where they sold MBP's of all sizes, I tried them out. Amazingly, every single one of them seemed to freeze when I opened iPhoto, for not a short time. Am I not understanding something about it or is it just freezing?

2. ramzhh thread starter macrumors regular

3. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Might have been a coincidence or could have been that a previous window shopper intentionally deleted some system files on all the computers just to mess with the everyone (and it worked !)

There's no such problem prevalent with iPhoto so don't worry even a bit. Must have been an anti-mac troll :)

4. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

Doesn't freeze on mine and they never froze when I tried them in the Apple store.

5. darkredbbb macrumors newbie

darkredbbb

I've got my Core i7 MacBook Pro delivered a few days ago and it also crashes a lot when I first open iPhoto and when I try to quit it. I haven't installed the software updates yet, I will soon, hopefully any problems would be fixed.

6. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Yea that happened with my iWeb for some reason. Just nuke the .plist files from ~/Library/Preferences, empty your trash, reboot and it will be fine.

Use AppZapper if you're not sure which preference files to delete. (Careful, don't delete iPhoto itself - just the .plist files).