iPhoto from MacBook Pro to iPad - I'm stupid, please help!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lelalittlelegs, Dec 20, 2010.

1. lelalittlelegs macrumors newbie

Forgive me in advance for sounding completely stupid when it comes to this but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. Also, if this has been asked a million times before and I'm missing the answer somewhere, again, I'm sorry.

My MacBook Pro is old and on its last legs and it contains almost 3000 pictures in iPhoto. I'd like to transfer the pictures from iPhoto on my MacBook Pro to iPhoto on my iPad. I have watched tutorials on YouTube, I have searched forums and none of it makes any sense as I can't actually find a way to drag the pictures between the two. I connect them via cable and in iTunes (on the MacBook Pro) can see the iPad detected but I'm stumped about how to get the pictures from the MacBook Pro onto the iPad. When I connect the iPad to the MacBook Pro, it syncs (as you would expect) but attempts to take files from the iPad and upload them to my MacBook Pro but I want it the other way around. Ultimately, I have to do this with thousands of songs in iTunes too, however I'm not so worried about losing music as I am about losing pictures.

Can anyone help by giving me a step by step idiots guide on how to do this? In theory, it must be a simple process but nothing is straight forward to this non IT smart mother. Of course, this isn't helped by the fact that while I know my way around my laptop, I know nothing about the iPad as it's my Husbands.

I hope someone can help!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

In iPad's page in iTunes go to the Photos tab near the top of the iTunes window. Then check the "Sync photos" box and tell it what to sync. Also, the iPad may not be a good backup for your photos. There is no easy way to get the full resolution photos back off of it.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I agree with Intell, the iPad wouldn't be a great method for backup, I'd grab an external hard drive and back up your entire system with Time Machine. I'd also get your computer checked out, as it may be easily fixable with a hard drive replacement

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Or an external hard drive and Carbon Copy Cloner.