iPhoto Frustration

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alpha1phi, Nov 26, 2013.

1. alpha1phi macrumors newbie

When importing photos (some from a year ago) - iphoto thinks photo was taken/revised on today's date...and therefore, has them out of order in my photo library.

I've already posted on here about trying to MOVE/DROP photos to where i want them. Apparently, this is not possible with the newer iphoto versions.

Since I have thousands of photos and do not have time (presently) to organize them all into events/albums...I'm so frustrated!! *** is there a way to change the date on the photo (which would therefore put in the correct chronological order)??

THANKS!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Did the camera that took those pictures have it's time and date set?

3. alpha1phi thread starter macrumors newbie

For the most part... the pictures I'm importing from Drop box are a mixture of pics taken from my camera phone, pics sent to me via email/text etc

However, most of them are in chronological order in drop box...just not in my iphoto library.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I think(not sure) that Finder will not use the exif data on the photos to arrange them, so what is the chronological order in Finder maybe the date they were created in Finder and not the date they were taken according to the camera.

5. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Perhaps you should just use Picasa, or Adobe PSE or something else?

Sometimes an application just doesn't work the way that is intuitive for you and there is no use struggling.