iPhoto Hard Cover Books -- Awesome!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polaris20, May 1, 2009.

1. polaris20 macrumors 68020

I just wanted to say that I recently did a hardcover photo book using iPhoto, and it turned out very, very well.

I did it as a gift for my wife for Mother's Day, and gave it to her early because I was excited to see how she liked it, and she most definitely did.

So in case anyone's wondering, they do do a good job.

And before getting into IT I worked in camera stores for 10 years, so I'm kinda picky!

2. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm doing the same for my mom for Mother's Day.

3. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

How many pages and how much did it cost? Did it take a long time to get the book out to you once you were finished?

4. kid rock macrumors regular

i did an iPhoto hardcover book last year (iPhoto 08) and it is amazing, i see there are a few more options with iPhoto 09 and i can also highly recommend them

Simon

5. polaris20 thread starter macrumors 68020

It was like $60 shipped, with the rush shipping. I didn't need the rush though; it got here way faster than I expected, just a couple days. I did like 10 extra pages, 30 pages total.

They're very fast. You'll need rush shipping now since Mother's Day is next week, but anything besides that you wouldn't need to. The flexibility in making the book was really cool too.

Honestly for as cheap as it was, she's never shown off a gift I've gotten her to so many people, so I'm guessing she likes it. It's a combo of the quality for the book for the money, with the thought that goes into it. It even lets you write an intro to it at the beginning, so I got mushy and it worked. ;):D

6. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

Thank you so much for the idea! I'll have the book completed tomorrow. My mother is going to absolutely love this. Making the book is extremely easy and very intuitive.