Iphoto help help help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vascanj, Jan 11, 2011.

1. vascanj macrumors newbie

Hi! My mom has a macbook (black, NOT UNIBODY), and we were uploading photos onto it. Here's what happened.

So, I was browsing the memory card (which was connected to the reader), and thought if I dragged it and dropped it into iphoto, it would import the photos. Well, it took it out of the "list" of devices, but the card reader was recognized by IPhoto. Any help there?
    THEN, I just used "command click" to select SOME photos and to have it upload... well, after a while (it was like 200 photos), it displayed an error message along the lines of:

"iPhoto could not upload the selected photos because it had trouble downloading an image"

So I thought that I would just import it again... right? WRONG. Most of the photos it tried to import were still there, but like 20 of them were gone. WIPED OUT. From the card (I suppose, because I tried looking there) AND from iPhoto. I even looked at the events and the trash. LUCKILY, I still have copies of those photos on MY mac, but still. Is there anyway to get them back on the card again?

The status of the card reader and the computer right now:

I left the card reader in because I thought the pics would delete themselves if it got disconnected. The mac is operating, but weirdly. I set the time to display the seconds too, and the seconds are counting fine, but the cursor is not moving. So it's like the computer is working fine but the cursor is stuck. Any ideas???

About the iPhoto problem... do you know what could've happened and how to possibly fix it? HELP HELP HELP. These photos ARE important to my mother because she has to send them into her school so they can advertise her string ensemble. HELP HELP HELP!!! PLEASE REPLY ASAP! THANKS.

2. simsaladimbamba

If you have all the photos of the card already on your Mac, why not use your Mac to get them?

Regarding the time separator:
    [​IMG]
    wow, Preview and its annotate function is quite wonderful

3. vascanj thread starter macrumors newbie

NO NO NO NO NO YOU DON'T GET IT...

UPDATE: The black mac is working fine now... just had to open it and close it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM??? Sorry for yelling, but even if I have copies saved on this computer, my mom still likes to keep the originals even if there are copies on a computer... she'll KILL me if she finds out that the originals are not there. HELP!!! Here's my problem again:

So, I was browsing the memory card (which was connected to the reader), and thought if I dragged it and dropped it into iphoto, it would import the photos. Well, it took it out of the "list" of devices, but the card reader was recognized by IPhoto. Any help there?
    THEN, I just used "command click" to select SOME photos and to have it upload... well, after a while (it was like 200 photos), it displayed an error message along the lines of:

"iPhoto could not upload the selected photos because it had trouble downloading an image"

So I thought that I would just import it again... right? WRONG. Most of the photos it tried to import were still there, but like 20 of them were gone. WIPED OUT. From the card (I suppose, because I tried looking there) AND from iPhoto. I even looked at the events and the trash. LUCKILY, I still have copies of those photos on MY mac, but still. Is there anyway to get them back on the card again?