iPhoto help- i can't import anything

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by USCtrojan08, Sep 26, 2008.

1. USCtrojan08 macrumors newbie

I just tried to import a picture into iPhoto by dragging it from my download folder into the iPhoto window and i keep getting an "unreadable files, can't import" error. I have verified disk and ran permission repair a few times. I have also searched apple support documentation and nothing seems to fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks

Attached Files:

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Not sure, but maybe you cannot drop it into "Last import"... Do you also get that error when you drop it to the main library?

3. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Did you try 'Add To Library' from the iPhoto file menu? Find your download folder and it should be in there.

4. USCtrojan08 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, i tried "add to library" and also dragging the photo into a different location. I cant import any photo.

5. USCtrojan08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I Fixed It!!!

Okay.... This was a very frustrating problem and there was little to no help on various forums or apple support documentation. I found one post that suggested to use iPhoto Library Manager.app to rebuild the library. I rebuilt the library and while trying to figure out the key board command to switch libraries (option+open iphoto) i held option+apple and opened iphoto. A different menu came up and I selected "Examine and repair iPhoto Library file permissions" (last option) and it fixed everything...

Attached Files: