iPhoto help - Pics are stuck inside???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Jul 6, 2007.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I have been syncing my Treo 650/700p (upgraded) using Missing Sync and having my photos synced with iPhoto to a folder called Treo.

Just playing around one day with the choices in iPhoto (I'm relatively new, so I was exploring) I came across the Show File option. I clicked that and many of the Treo pictures are saved in a temp_## folder. I also noticed that I could not upload these, I'm assuming because they were in a "temp" folder.

While messing around with that, I found quite a few that when I clicked Show File nothing came up. I even tried dragging them out, exporting them, copying them, EVERYTHING I could think of, and I can't get them out of there.

Now, here's my question....Are they supposed to be in a temp folder? That's bothering me just a bit, but not as much as not being able to get those other ones out. How can I do that?? Any ideas?

Also, while I'm here, how do y'all upload the photos, say to Myspace or Photobucket? Do you drag them out onto the desktop and upload from there or do the Show File thing and browse to the photo?

I'm a recent Mac convert and love it. Everything seems so easy to learn, except iPhoto. It took me awhile to figure out the Album/Folder thing.

2. iChief macrumors member

iChief

Sorry I can't help with the Treo question. I don't own one and I'm not 'techie' enough to mess around with folders.

However, regarding Albums & Folders it is much better to assign keywords to your photos especially if you have a large library. Use the names of people in the photos and more general keywords like Macro, Vacation, Family, etc. Then you can create Smart Albums that update as soon as you add keywords to newly imported photos. Keyword Assistant is a nice plugin that makes this less tedious. You can add as many keywords as you want.

Don't mess with the iPhoto library's filing system. It's organized by date, trust me, leave it alone. It just works. Any Albums or Smart Albums created don't actually move the photos, they are still organized by date in the iPhoto library.

Picasaweb also have a great plugin for uploading from iPhoto that works really well. I know facebook also has one but not sure how well it works. So, it's possible that MySpace has one too? IHTH

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, that smart album thing is a good idea.

And I saw how it's all organized. I never thought they'd be organized like that, but I didn't want to mess with it.

I did find where I saved the pictures onto my PC, so I'm going to just cut them out of iPhoto and use the PC ones to import them. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that. Right now, I need to fix the sink's drain. I don't need an indoor swimming pool.