iphoto help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tony07, May 10, 2011.

1. Tony07, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

Tony07 macrumors member

Tony07

Hi again, how can I put a photo on a web page/forum out of my iphoto, and how can I copy a photo off the web into iphoto?
    Cheers :confused:

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

What website are you trying to upload to? I know iPhoto uses facebook and mobileme

3. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

If you just need to put a single or a few photos on the web, like here on MR, then just do a quick copy of the onto your desktop. Then upload them, and when done delete them. It is an extra step, but with the iPhoto Library not in folder/file format I think it's about the only way.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post. You want to copy a pic off the web and put in iPhoto, right? In that case, I think you could just copy onto desktop or download into Downloads Folder and then a quick Import into iPhoto.

4. Tony07 thread starter macrumors member

Tony07

I tried to copy and past a photo on my desktop and couldn't ??
    I tried to save it to my downloads and when I tried to use tinypic to post it on a forum I kept getting this ....Upload Failed! Invalid format (jpg|bmp|gif|pcx|png|psd|tif) ???

5. aristobrat, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

aristobrat macrumors G4

Drag the photo from iPhoto and drop it on your desk is one way.

If you're uploading from a web browser, if you click the Browse button in the browser (this button varies by the web site you're using), a new Finder window will open. If you scroll all the way down on the left side of the Finder window, you'll see a section called Media that has a Photos area. If you click on Photos, it will let you enter your iPhoto, Photo Booth, and if you have it, Aperture libraries.

Attached is a picture for uploading an attachment to MacRumors.

Attached Files:

6. simsaladimbamba

The following is still unfinished:

It already includes a guide on how to use iPhoto's Export Options, the Publishing options and a link to a guide about attaching images to message boards.
    More will follow at a later point.

To get from iPhoto to the www and back

Exporting from iPhoto
    Using iPhoto's Sharing options​

Export photos from iPhoto the long way
    clickable thumbnails
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To upload photos to the www and attach them to forum posts, read the following:

To import photos into iPhoto
    [​IMG]