iPhoto Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adp1983, May 22, 2011.

1. adp1983 macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere on the forums (I did try searching honestly!)

Well.... The story is that i am relatively new convert from PC... And still learning the wonders of Apple..

At home i have an iMac which i use for most general day to day things and i now have a new Macbook Pro which i use for work and pretty much everything away from home...

My question is...

is there anyway to automatically sync my iPhoto library from the mac with the Macbook?

I know that i can probably copy all my photo's off the iMac and import them on to the Macbook pro.... but i was thinking more about syncing them for example if i add a picture to my library on the Macbook it will then automatically sync it onto the iMac without me having to copy them over...

Kinda like it does with My iPhone and iPad!!!

Thanks in Advance :)

Newbie Mac user! :rolleyes:

2. adp1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgive me...

but what is that? is it an application? and if so where do i get it? :)

3. simsaladimbamba

Be glad, that ****** is prohibited here.
    from "ChronoSync", which leads to "ChronoSync"

4. adp1983 thread starter macrumors newbie

Due to the sarcasm, i was actually not able to Google it as i was using a mobile browser and it was pants and wouldn't load the google site. So thinking that people on here would be helpful and not sarcastic i proceeded to ask what i believed to be a rather simple question under the circumstances....

But thank you none the less for the information, however i was hoping to find a free solution to the question....

So if anyone else has any NONE sarcastic comments please feel free to contribute.

Thanks

5. simsaladimbamba

How the **** should I know that your browser hasn't the capability to search?

Anyway, as ChronoSnyc uses rsync, you could try it via rsync, or via CarbonCopyCloner, which allows you to just copy folders via schedule.
    But rsync would be the better choice, though you have to learn more.