iPhoto help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OscarTheGrouch, Sep 14, 2007.

1. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

I'm in iphoto looking at my thumbnails and I'm wanting to edit a few files here and there, but when I click on it to edit I get a Grey screen with a white "!" in it. I've rebuild the folder but the thumbnails are still there. I haven't thrown the pics away, but I guess they could have goten corrupted etc. Does the "!" mean the file is no longer on the computer.

Any suggestions?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Have you changed anything in the iPhoto library in finder? That will create the situation you find yourself in. Must stay out of finder! Corrpution will ensue!

When you rebuilt the folder, did you do just the automatic rebuild? You may need to do the manual rebuild -- I did. Directions are on Apple's website -- knowledge based articles. Warning if you are going to attempt this -- the instructions say that you may create duplicates. Well, they are not kidding -- I got 4 of almost everything. But that was O.K. with me -- I got back the photos that had been lost. Just had to sit a while and clean up iPhoto.