iPhoto Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BigJohno, Mar 18, 2008.

1. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Ok so here is the problem. Last night my external WD hard drive fell off my lap and onto the ground while I had my iphoto open. I use the external for all my pictures. Anyway so it fell off my lap and when I went to go open iphoto there was not photos. They are still on my external but I can not relocate them using iphoto. I also tried to import a single picture but I have no idea where it goes.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Sounds like you relocated your iPhoto Library to your external drive, and then when it was disconnected, you must have launched iPhoto and it switched back to the standard location.

As I recall, iPhoto normally puts your library in your User folder, in the Pictures folder. You should have an option in iPhoto's menus or preferences to select a new iPhoto Library, and you will be able to select the one on your external drive again.

If you can't find it, try launching iPhoto with the Option, or Command Key down, and see if it lets you chose your library that way.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have a Mac here to verify...

As long as you can see your iPhoto Library on your external drive one of those options should work for you...

P.S. You do have your Library backed up somewhere else besides your external drive - don't you? :)

3. BigJohno thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks a bunch man. Holding down option did work. I completely forgot that method. But about backing it up yeah I was in the process of backing up to my second external when it crashed. haha I thought the world came to an end when I saw there was no photos lol. But anyway thanks a bunch!!!