iPhoto Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pammyspyce, May 1, 2008.

1. pammyspyce macrumors regular

pammyspyce

Somehow the iPhoto folder on my iMac finder turned into a file. So I can't access the originals folder or the modified folder. I know they're there, I can get to them if I click "show file" or "show original file" on an individual photo in iPhoto. How do I get it back to a folder in my finder, though?

On my iMac (notice where it says iPhoto library instead of a folder it's an icon from iPhoto):
    [​IMG]

How it should look (from my iBook, see how the library is a folder I can acess):
    [​IMG]

TIA. I'm trying to get my G% ready to transfer stuff to my new iMac. I don't want to transfer messed up files.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

It's not really a file, it's a package.

Right Click on the iPhoto Library 'file' in the Finder and select "Show Package Contents".

This will open a new window showing you all the files and folders.

Apple made this change to make it harder for the average user to muck around in the library and cause problems within iPhoto.

-Kevin

3. pammyspyce thread starter macrumors regular

pammyspyce

Thanks! Is there any way to make the package a folder again? When I move it to my new iMac will it move as a package or as a folder?

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Just copy the library over as is. If you are using iPhoto '08 on the new iMac, just point it to it and it will load it fine. If you want to get the files out, then you can show the contents and drag them out into other folders.

Think of it as a folder....Apple just made it harder to get into.

-Kevin