iphoto help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ruffian829, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    Im trying to export a photo that I have in iPhoto but every time I try and export it, and then view it (I believe it opens with preview), the exported photo is MUCH MUCH less clear than the original?? I tried exporting it as original, current, jepg, tif, every one that is offered. I also tried to drag and drop it and still the new file looks much less clear- but it says it has the same pixels, size, etc. The photos look soft, almost blurry.

is preview showing an unclear version of the picture? or is the photo losing quailty?
    I need to email it as a jpg for a photo contest and its based on image quality and clarity

Thanks

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If you drag and drop, it is an exact copy of the file - there is no difference between the iphoto version and the drag-and-drop version.

It might have to do with the way the two programs render the photo to fit on the screen that it appears blurry in Preview.

Screenshots?

3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how to do screen shots? But I've emailed the picture to my fiance and on his computer it looks exactly the same as it does in my iPhoto- and when i import it to iPhoto it looks as clear as it should, I'm thinking that preview just doesn't show it in all its quality??

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It must have something to do with the way Preview displays the photo for the screen, and you have nothing to worry about.