iPhoto hiding sd card space from me

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Invincigoth, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Invincigoth macrumors newbie

when i import from my sd card, it always comes up with this question asking me whether or not i want to delete the photos on the sd card that i just imported. when i say keep photos i have not a problem, but when i choose delete photos, it does indeed stop me from seeing the pictures but it still takes up the same amount of space as before. so if i had space to take 1000 and took one hundred, then imported and delete, i will still only have 900 photos available to take but cant see the photos that are taking up that space. Little help?

2. BlackViper macrumors member

Emtpy the trash

You will need to empty your trash to recover the space used by deleted files.

3. Invincigoth thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

On the Import screen, there's a checkmark near the autosplit events option labeled "Hide photos already imported." Unchecking that will reveal all of the rest of the images on the SD card. To delete them from the card without reimporting and then acknowledging the prompt, you can either a) Format the card with it in the digital camera, b) Format the card in Disk Utility. Just make sure that whatever you needed to pull from the card has been transferred to the computer.