Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sadiek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I'm sure this is a very simple issue, but I can't seem to make sense of things. My iPhoto library is a complete mess. I actually have three libraries, two on my external HD and one on the internal.

I have been trying to figure out how to simply move any new pics that I've downloaded on to my internal drive on to the external drive so I have a back up. I was hoping to just select the photos I want to move, then drag them over but it will not let me.

Any suggestions to help me keep things backed up and in order?

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
Perhaps if you just used one library, then you could use Time Machine for your backups. You seem to be makings things unnecessarily complicated for yourself!

sadiek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I will look in to the iphoto library manager. Thank you.

As for having only one library, the reason I have more than one is because I do not always have access to my external HD when I need to download photos, such as when I'm traveling. Suppose I could just download photos to my laptop into a folder and NOT to iphoto until I have access to my external drive? I was hoping to avoid that and just be able to download things onto my laptop, then transfer them to my external drive eventually for backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.