iPhoto: How to deal with Events when pictures is not part of an event?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MiataMac, Nov 1, 2009.

1. MiataMac macrumors member

I was just wondering what other iPhoto users are doing when importing some random shots into iPhoto, that doesn't belong to any particular event? Having all those unnamed events in the Events folder is cluttering it all up.

2. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

I have a handful of events that I use as general "categories" for misc photos that don't seem to fit anywhere else.

3. MiataMac thread starter macrumors member

That could work, I suppose. Only problem is locating them, I'd think, since my Events are sorted by date and 'misc' category would then contain pictures from many different dates and so it would probably not always be at the bottom (or top, for that matter). The more Events the harder the 'misc' ones will be to find.

4. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

If you manually move an Event, it will stay wherever you put it. I have Events for Misc. Friends and Family, Misc. Pets, Misc. Landscapes, and Misc. Baby Photos of my nephew. I dragged these events up to the top of the Event window and no matter the dates of the photos in them, they stay at the top.

5. MiataMac thread starter macrumors member

You're absolutely right. Here I've been dragging Events around (to combine them with others) for years and never noticed that you could use that to manually sort it :D

Now I can start creating some misc. categories and have them always on top.

:apple: