iPhoto icon badge?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mavis, Oct 15, 2013.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Does anyone here know how to prevent the Shared Photo Stream badge from showing on the iPhoto icon in my dock? I've disabled "Badge app icon" in Notification settings, but it has no effect. I check the Shared Photo Streams on my iPhone and iPad and don't need to see the badge on my iMac as well (and actually, I thought that Mavericks was supposed to bring notification syncing to the Mac - this iMac is running Mavericks and the iDevices are all on iOS7) ... Anyway, does anyone know how to kill the stupid badge? :)

Attached Files:

2. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this annoying ... ?

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Yours doesn't?

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Nope. Is it when you get new photos in Photo stream?

6. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Yeah, when people post new photos in their Shared Photo Streams and when people comment/like photos. Although I haven't actually noticed any badges in the last day or so ... Odd. I'll keep an eye on it.

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am running 10.9.2 and disabled badges and I still get this. I even went in and viewed the photos in iPhoto and the badge is still there..

8. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I put 205 photos in a Shared stream recently, and 11 other people added to it/commented on it/clicked Like/etc.

Notifications have been coming in thick and fast on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. But never a badge icon on the Mac's iPhoto dock icon

Today, all of a sudden today, iPhoto's dock icon comes up with a red "1". I open iPhoto, the Shared Stream has a blue dot next to it, presumably indicating the "new" item is in there. But how on Earth do I find which items is new/has the new comment/like?

And how on Earth do I get the dock badge to go away?

And why, all of a sudden, did the iPhoto dock icon start showing badge, when I've had hundreds of notifications for that Shared Stream in the last week, and never a badge icon?