iPhoto import help-dont want all pics form camera

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
Hi, i took a picture form my sisters camera and dont want to import all 200 of hers just to get mine, how can i control what is imported?

TheSailerMan

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2006
New York, New York
When you attach the camera to the Mac, it should mount the camera to the desktop as a removable drive.

Just open the drive and find your picture file, then just click & drag it into iPhoto.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Connect the camera and quit iPhoto (if it launches automatically), then go find Image Capture in your applications folder and hit the download some option.

wattso

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2006
Chester UK
I posted in this old thread because its a related question, firstly thank you for the answer. But i can only import the pictures i want when i use image capture, my camera (canon ixus 400) does not appear as a removable drive on the desktop or in the finder? I know i can use image capture but i would prefer to do it the other way, anyone got any ideas? I do find it a bit silly that you can only import all your photos from the camera in iphoto though and you cant even view them unless you import. Its very complicated when you just want to upload one photo from your camera to a forum,going through image capture and all that, so i would be very grateful if anybody knows how to make my camera appear as a removable drive, i have done the preference in image capture to not open any application automatically. But it still doesn't appear

Thanks in advance
wattso

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Some cameras do not appear as external drives when connected directly. Your best bet may be to buy a separate card reader, which would then function as an external drive that you could navigate with the finder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.