iPhoto importing AND mouse problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Darold, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Darold macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I am having trouble with two small items recently. Let me share a quick background about the computer before I get too far ahead of myself.

My MacBook has been serviced because of a liquid spill on it. I just installed iLife '08 on it.

My first question concerns the new iLife software. Every time I open iPhoto it asks "144 photos have been found in the iPhoto Library that were not imported. Would you like to import them?"

- If I say no, the program opens without a problem, however the message will appear the next time I open iPhoto
    - If I say yes, all the photo's are imported, AND then asks if I want to copy the duplicates. Once I have everything imported, everything runs fine until I open the program again (in which the number of photo's has doubled since last time). I am not particularly attached to this group of 9 photo's, and just want to clear them completely out of my computer. How do I do this?

Second, my mouse has been acting up lately (Microsoft branded). The buttons on the side (normally used for forward and back navigation on websites) no longer work. Also, the click wheel opens new links twice in new tabs each time it is depressed. Is there a way to uninstall then re-install the mouse? Is there a better way to fix the problem?

I appologize for such a simple question, but search yielded no usable results. Thank you so much for your time in answering my question.

2. Darold thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, I have recently noticed my MacBook regularly freezing when I open the lid and wake it up. I have to restart every time I close the lid, but if it stays open, returns as expected.

3. Darold thread starter macrumors newbie

I've noticed that the longer I hold down the scroll wheel click when opening a webpage in a new tab in firefox, the more copies of that webpage get opened.

How can I make it so one click, regardless of how long it is depressed will only open a single new tabbed page?

Thanks for any information that can be posted about any of my above questions.