iPhoto importing behavior - will this work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NashDesignGuy, Apr 21, 2009.

1. NashDesignGuy macrumors newbie

I don't like the way my iPhoto library is organized. It detected some folders on my computer that I organized myself, which are not done by date. However, I would like to re-organize the whole library, putting all pictures together by the date they were taken. If I copy all of my pictures into a single folder, say "New iPhoto Library", delete my current library, and import this folder - will it automatically use the meta date to create new events by date? Or will I just I have one big event?

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

You could always just create a second iPhoto library and try your theory.

Press <option> key and start iPhoto. Choose create new library. If it works great. If it does not, use the option key to switch back to the original library.

3. NashDesignGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Or this could work.

If you select all of your events, go to "Events >Autosplit Selected Events", it will do this in your current library. The only problem is if you've ever modified a photo, it uses the modified date rather than the original date the photo was taken. I suppose this makes sense, even though it's causing problems for me!