iPhoto in Mountain Lion. How to print 4 up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TwitchOSX, Oct 10, 2012.

1. TwitchOSX macrumors 6502

I got about 30 images from a client. I want to print them 4 up. I tossed them into iPhoto and when I go to print a "Contact" sheet it gives me the options for how many columns I want. So I go to 2 columns and I get 4 up.

Problem is, it's putting them 4 up in portrait mode with a ton of space above and below each one with image titles below them.

In iPhoto on our old G5, I could just tell it 4 up and it would arrange them 4 up to best fit on the page (in this case it would be in landscape mode) without any of the image names below.

How do I get it back to that? I can't seem to find any settings for it to lay out correctly, 4 up in landscape on an 8.5 x 11 without borders. I just want them as big as they will fit 4 up on a sheet.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I figured out how to get the file names off via the Settings button in the lower right. Fine. I also went to Print Settings and changed the Paper Size to: Custom and set it for 11" wide x 8.5" tall so that it's landscape.

Ok... getting there but there is SO MUCH WHITE space around each image for some reason when I'm back in the preview. Whats up with that?

2. Mediakip, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013

Mediakip macrumors newbie

Click "Print Settings" and instead of selecting a preset size, choose "Adjust". There you just reverse the numbers. So if you have 3" wide and 5" tall, just set it to 5" wide and 3" tall – and you have landscape! :)