iPhoto iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by oldmacs, Sep 19, 2014.

1. oldmacs, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

oldmacs macrumors 68040

Apple have made a massively stupid decision here. Instead of allowing people the choice of continuing to use iPhoto for iOS (One of my most used iPad Apps) they've removed that ability in iOS8 without warning. All my Journals can no longer be accessed, I can't make photo books, I can't access exif data, I can't compare photos on grids, I can't do the full adjustments iPhotos allowed. Most of all is the fact I BOUGHT iPhoto. I BOUGHT IT! That means that something I paid for is no longer working and it is unacceptable.

Bad move Apple.

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Wow. How old is your macbook if you had to buy iPhoto?

Also, I don't understand your predicament. Is iPhoto now auto-syncing this data or does iOS 8 not work with iPhoto?

EDIT:

Just realized this is iPhoto for iOS. Ah, check if Apple migrated the data over to other apps..

3. oldmacs thread starter macrumors 68040

It doesn't. You loose slideshows, iPhoto Journals and Books and you loose the majority of functionality.

4. dng macrumors newbie

Old macs, I agree. I would encourage you to email Tim. I did so myself. Seems ridiculous that it's been taken away given we bought and some of us use it every day. My favorite feature is the variable intensity of filters

5. cassini007 macrumors member

Not sure if I understand correctly, is iPhoto for iOS on the chopping block now, just like Aperture and iPhoto for Mac?

6. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Just did a search and it looks like the app is gone from the app store.

It's still in my purchase history, but when you try to open it, it says that it's unsupported in iOS8 and that you have to migrate your data to the photos app.

That's just wrong...

7. dng macrumors newbie

iPhoto on iOS is not only on the chopping block, it is already dead as of iOS 8.

8. oldmacs thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah I emailed Tim - Still very annoyed. It would be fine if Photos replicated the iPhoto features but it doesn't!