iphoto is buggin me

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by slimjim40, Feb 15, 2010.

1. slimjim40 macrumors member

every time i put my iphone on it's stand iphoto decides that I don't want to be looking at the image I'm viewing but staring at a blank window for 5 minutes (6 year old mac) as it searches for photos on the iphone.

there doesn't seem to be a way that I can see of telling iphoto to stop assuming I want to do this 20 times a day!!!!

If you are reading this steve will you poke yourself in the eye for me.

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I believe that if you go into Image Capture when your iphone is connected you can select it to not open iPhoto.

I am unaware if this changes the default for every camera however personally I find it quite annoying when something pops up when I insert something so I'm not fussed if it does in fact stop iPhoto from opening all the time!

3. slimjim40 thread starter macrumors member

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

5. slimjim40 thread starter macrumors member

ah! but no. My problem is that when I'm already in iphoto which I use a lot, it goes into it's own private activity with the iphone every time I inadvertently put the iphone on it's charging stand after a call.

I may have to go back to Iview (or expression as it's now known)

I winder what other alternatives there are?

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ah sorry,

I completely get you now! Sorry for the confusion and sadly no, I don't think there is a solution!

7. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

Not meant to be argumentative, but perhaps it's time to upgrade the mac? Even a used 4 year old imac would perform better than this.