iPhoto is damaged

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rezatayebi, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rezatayebi macrumors regular

When I got iLife 11, the only app I installed was iPhoto and spent a lot of time arranging my 30GB photo library.
    Last night I installed iMovie. Now iPhoto is not opening and says "You can`t open the application iPhoto because it may be damaged or incomplete"
    Right now I`m backing up the iPhoto library folder. How can I repair iphoto? Or perhaps uninstall/install it again?

2. biksbiks macrumors newbie

I have a similar error with my new Mac, could you please tell me how did you get this sorted(if you did)? Thanks!

3. rezatayebi thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the late reply. Well, probably too late.
    1. There`s an iPhoto Library file in /Users/~/Pictures . Copy it to another location.
    2. Use iLife disk to reinstall iPhoto.
    3. Put the iPhoto Library file back in the Pictures folder and click on it.
    That`s it.

4. fyrwrx macrumors newbie

iphoto incomplete or damaged in Lion

Hi,
    I installed Lion on my own macbookpro a week ago with no issues. Today I installed Lion on a friends macbookpro. After installation I also installed iLife 11 and got the error message from iPhoto that it was either incomplete or damaged. iLife 11 was already installed on my Snow Leopard before Lion, so I'm thinking this has something to do with it? Please tell me if reinstalling Lion will solve this problem and if not, what I should do. Thanks. :)

5. milomak macrumors member

there is something seriously wrong here. when i installed Lion over SL, iphoto worked. Now I have this error when I installed Lion straight from the update image.

6. milomak, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

milomak macrumors member