iPhoto is not displaying some images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gerty1993, Jul 9, 2011.

1. gerty1993 macrumors newbie

Dear All,

Recently, iPhoto has started playing up. We can import images as normal and the thumbnails are displaying correctly. However when I click the space bar on a thumbnail to increase it's size to full screen, the full-size image displays for a second and then a black screen appears where the image should be. The menu bar etc still remain on show - just the image disappears.

After reading a previous thread, I rebuilt the thumbnail cache, but this did not work. I should point out that some images show in the event, but not others. I should also point out that is is only events from the 1st July 2011 that are affected, all other previous events on iPhoto are fine.

Please help! I don't know what to try next.

PS - if you know the problem, please provide as detailed as a response as possible - I'm not entirely confident with the secret corners of the Mac yet.

Thanks a lot
    xx

2. gerty1993 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've just discovered that if I drag the faulty event to my desktop and delete from iPhoto, then reimport from my desktop it is fine - all the photos display.

What does this mean - is there something wrong with the camera? Or the memory card?

Thanks
    x