iPhoto is very confusing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JellyFish, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JellyFish macrumors regular

I started a "smart album" and now I imported more photos and want them in the smart album but I don't know how to get them to appear there.

There seems to be no way to edit the smart album and I can't drag and drop my photos into it.

I love iphoto in some ways but I find it to be a very confusing application.

Can someone help???

Okay, I had to restart iphoto. For some reason it wouldn't let me drag and drop. Just buggy or something I guess.

Plus it wasn't as smart folder or whatever, just a regular one.

I really need to read a manual or something and learn more. :(

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Sounds like you don't need a smart album, just a standard one.

Smart Albums let you do things like group all the photos with "cat" in the comments, taken at 50mm focal length and a a shutter speed of 1/50.

And as the smart "name" suggests, each and every time a photo is added to your library which matches the above criteria it is also automatically added to your album.

I don't think it is confusing as the smart concept extends across other applications, such as Finder, Mail and iTunes, where it was first used.

3. JellyFish thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I'm confused again. I want to edit the file names or keywords of some movie files I have in iphoto. How do I do this? There seems to be no way in iphoto or am I missin git? :confused:

4. thuff13 macrumors member

I'm not on my mac right now (stupid windows computers at work :mad:) so hopefully I'm remembering this right. On the bottom left of iPhoto there should be a few buttons, one of the should be an i. Click on that and it will bring up all the info for the selected photo. From there you should be able to edit.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

You can also batch edit as many photos as you like by cmd-selecting (or shift-selecting them all) and choosing "Photos" then "Batch Change..." (or Shift-Cmd-B).

You can batch change Titles, Dates & Comments this way.

6. thuff13 macrumors member

Yes, the batch edit function is a great time saver. Any time I upload new pictures I batch edit them to add a comment about what place/event/whatever the pictures were of. That way I can create a smart album with them or I can use spotlight to bring them up easily whenever I want.

7. JellyFish thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, guys. I edited the keyword and that did the trick.