iPhoto issue please help

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jonk1183, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

this is the 3rd time it has happened to me, i take a video on my iPhone. then i sync it to my mac using iPhoto. then i sync my phone to iTunes but it does not go back onto my phone. the 2 other pictures i took went back on my phone, the video is on iPhoto on my mac but not my phone. please help meet

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think there is a setting in iphoto that controls whether the photo/video is deleted once uploaded. I bet you have it turned off for photos and on (to delete) for videos.

3. Jonk1183 thread starter macrumors regular

there is not a setting for that, however when you sync the originals to the mac it asks if you want to delete. which i did, importing 2 photos and 1 video as I've done 1000x in the past. all 3 files successfully imported to my mac and off my iPhone. then i sync my phone to the mac importing the files back onto my phone. cleaning up the camera roll and making the files that i want to keep undeletable via the phone. but only the photos resynced to the phone, the video is still on the mac.

4. lemieuxfan67 macrumors member

Make sure 'Include Videos' is checked in iTunes...

[​IMG]

5. Jonk1183 thread starter macrumors regular

yes that is checked, its not every video, its only about 3 out of 70 that arent synced back to the phone.

6. lemieuxfan67 macrumors member

My only suggestion would be to see if there is something different about those 3 videos.