iPhoto issue.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rick snagwell, Nov 22, 2011.

1. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

So i just got my new iMac...and i had my iPhoto on my macbook all nice and sorted...choose export on iPhoto and it exported 4k+ photos. perfect.

then on my iMac i click import..and it just throws them in 1 event. not all sorted and stuff. i thought it was weird that there was no xml file or nothing to point all the sorting out.

i still have everything nice on my macbook...anyone know how to export them exactly the same to my iMac?

thank you.

2. DrewJM macrumors newbie

Hello,

Did you try just dragging your entire library over to your new iMac? (I am assuming you have both computers connected to eachother either via firewire, usb or ethernet). By just dragging the iPhoto icon?

This should carry over and open up exactly as it did on your MacBook.

3. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i did...

i just used airdrop to drag that iPhoto icon over. it still showed up all crazy. not like it was on my macbook.

4. DrewJM macrumors newbie

hmm

Make sure you hold down 'option' when you open iPhoto and select the library you want to open. Probably the most recent one you just did using airdrop.

hope that does it?