iPhoto Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by softee6698, Aug 20, 2007.

1. softee6698 macrumors newbie

I have some photos from a previous computer that I have installed on my MacBook and imported into iPhoto. My problem is that when I actually open iPhoto these photos do not show up in the library as thumbnails. When I go through the process of importing them again I get an error message telling me they could not be imported because they are already in the iPhoto library file folder. Can someone please let me know how I can get them to actually show up in the library when I open iPhoto? Thank you! :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Another iPhoto issue

I just got a 24" iMac and copied my iPhoto library over via FW/Target Disk Mode to the iMac from a Mini. When I launched it updated my library from 06 to 08. In my previous library I always viewed by film rolls, and closed the carrots so that I just saw a long list of film roll titles and could open what I needed. Maybe what I need is Aperture. Not sure. Anyway, now in iPhoto 08 when you choose Photos rather than events from the source list you get the same film rolls essentially, however, they've added a thumbnail to the left, and editing of the name right in the main window rather than the info window down at the bottom that was too small, but the font in the main window is large/thick and somewhat blurry. Any ideas why. I can't figure out how to change it, but it doesn't look nice. Also, some of my film rolls/events from the same day are now reordered. Ex. I have 4 discs that came from my wedding photographer, Wedding Disc 1, 2, etc., but now in iPhoto 08 in photos view, it has reordered them 1,4,2,3 and same with other imports that share a date, but were originally imported in the correct order