iPhoto issues after Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eswank, Jul 29, 2012.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

So I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8 last night. Since then I've been having issues with iPhoto working corrently in Mountain Lion. I can get it to boot up. But I can't delete albums, delete trash, and when I choose to quit the app it hangs and all I see is the Faces sync arrows and the white lined circles spinning. I updated to the most current version of iPhoto after the installation. Is anyone else having this issue? Hopefully someone help me figure this issue out. Thanks!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

What version of iPhoto are you running? Have you checked for an update? Have you considered running an automatic rebuild/iPhoto First Aid, by holding Command + option on launch?

3. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm currently running 9.3.2 which is the most current version of it. I've also tried the CMD+OPT route and that didn't help at all.

4. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

I'm having the same issues, cannot delete anything in iPhoto. I have tried every option.
    I updated to the newest version that supports mountain lion and still can't delete.

Matt

5. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of doing another install of ML. Not a clean one but just to see if that might fix it. If not then I'll do a clean installation.

I've already sent feedback to Apple about the issue. Maybe you can help and send one too to get their attention.

6. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey Matt. I downloaded the update from Apple's Support page and the issues I was having with iPhoto is gone. I guess that's all it took.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1562