iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie. All are crashing!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dee.bee.cay, Feb 8, 2011.

1. dee.bee.cay macrumors newbie

I wanted to install Quicktime7 but I was getting the message: "This version of Quicktime7 can't be installed on this disk because Quicktime X is already present. Please use Software Update to install..." So I updated all software, even if there was no update for Quicktime. Restarted and tried to install Quicktime7 again and getting the same error.

I then decided to remove Quicktime files. I uninstalled my Quicktime, move to trashed, emptied trash and went to Library, find Quicktime folder, moved and emptied trash.

Now, my iPhoto won't play video, pictures can only be viewed by thumbnail, iMovie is crashing, and I lost all my videos/movies on iTunes. Can somebody please help me to get them working well again?

2. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

have you been using Time Machine to back up your system? if yes, just go back a couple days before you did this and restore. and if not, well, you're in a lot of trouble (I'm sorry, but I don't know what you might do)

3. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

You could try downloading and installing the latest Mac OS X Combo update to see if that reinstalls Quicktime for you.