iPhoto... just for photographs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Topher15, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

I never really liked iPhoto, I instead preferred to browse my images in Finder and use Quick Look, however I'm starting to come around to the idea of keeping everything in iPhoto. I also have a vast visual library of stuff downloaded from the net (various graphic stuff, inspiration, etc) and don't see the point of them being in iPhoto. But still, I'm wondering whether people typically use iPhoto just for photographs or whether people tend store photos along with other images in it?

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Yes, iPhoto just for my own photos. For all else crap I find online, I just dump it into the pictures folder since I find it stupid and annoying first dumping it all into iPhoto and then either sorting it for the rest of your life or looking at one big unorganized mess of everything as some people do...

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I use iPhoto for many things aside from photos. Putting things like inspirations etc into the program allows me to upload it to a mobileme gallery, and when working with other people who are not in walk distance, it's a great thing to show research with etc.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm with the OP, iPhoto is just for photos that I've taken or someone else has taken and given to me.

Everything else is in the pictures folder.