iPhoto keeps freezing on me...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UberMac, May 24, 2007.

1. UberMac macrumors 6502

Ok, here we go! :)

I've had this problem for ages now, but it's come to the point where I can bear (bare?) it no longer!

Whenever I open iPhoto (latest version - 6.0.6) it runs fine. However after a couple of minutes use it gets ridiculously slow, even loading a menu might take 10 seconds, and ultimately I have to close iPhoto and load it again. Also, whenever I leave iPhoto (ie. I'm running iPhoto...go to use safari, and then come back to iPhoto) I will find it frozen and unusable!

I've tried rebuilding the library, and rebuilding the thumbnails, but neither of these helped.

When I installed the Aperture trial a month or so ago, I imported my iPhoto library and it said that two images could not be loaded because they were bad formats (something of that sort anyway) so perhaps these two files are causing issues...:confused:

I'm running on a 867MHz PowerBook (640Mb RAM) and a 2GHz CoreDuo iMac (2Gb RAM) - both have the same issues with iPhoto...

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. UberMac thread starter macrumors 6502

2634 in the library, plus another 860 in the trash...I imagine that's pretty small on the scale of some libraries!

4. UberMac thread starter macrumors 6502

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I don't know about the iMac, but I also have a 867 pb and iphoto runs slow like molasses. (back then at over 2k photos)

I've been slowly trying to archive photos onto CDs and DVDs (even on the new comp) since it's hogging HD space now.