iphoto keeps trying to import

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dizle, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Dizle macrumors 6502

Every time I open iphoto it wants to import like 150 pictures that apparently cannot be imported. I open iphoto and it says "152 photos are not in iphoto would you like to import them?" I click yes then it says they are an unreadable file and makes a "recovered" folder. I click no and it still makes a "recovered" folder. Do I need to find all 150 unreadable images and delete them one by one? I think they have something to do with picasa from my pc. Its just annoying to have a new folder made every time I open iphoto. file looks like this: /Users/marktomkinson/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_4/IMG_1201.JPG

2. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Give this a try...

Now, before I make myself sound stupid, note that I don't own a Mac and never have... Buuut.

If you know what that program used to name it's files, then you could search that in spotlight and just delete all of the files with that name on there.

For example, if it was photoshop, it would have .psd at the end of the photo name.

That may not work because I'm not experienced with Mac.

Also, like in windows, you can select which type of files you would like to view.
    I'm not sure if that is possible for a Mac.

I wish I could be of more help, but that's all I got. :(

Let us know if you get it resolved...

-Chandler

3. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

they should work im not sure if jpgs only work with iphoto but are they jpgs?

4. Dizle thread starter macrumors 6502

finally found the pics and just deleted them, they were old and didnt really have any value to me.