iPhoto "Last 12 Months"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dasanii, Aug 31, 2014.

1. dasanii macrumors member

This album is pretty useless to me, because if I want to sync photos to my Mac they're already synced with Photo Stream. So how do I get the Last 12 Months album to stop syncing, or just completely delete it? Or is it possible to sync it with my Photo Stream album? Because when I delete a photo from my Photo Stream (on my phone) it is still being synced to my Mac with the Last 12 Months album.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

It doesn't sync. It is just a smart album that shows you any picture that is in your library (in any of the events) that has a date within the last year.

It also really has nothing to do with your photo stream. It is a view into your iPhoto library... not your photo stream. You must have iPhoto configured to automatically connect to your photo stream and download a recent copy into your library.

When you delete something from your photo stream... then it is still in your iPhoto library right? Hence... it is still viewable from the last 12 months smart folder.

/Jim

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Check iPhoto Preferences, in both iPhoto and Aperture you can choose whether to show that album and select the number of months it covers.