iPhoto-last imports to events

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aspen, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Aspen macrumors member

The last photos I imported to iPhoto are of course "Last Import". These photos are not in the "Events" folder though and I can't drag and drop them into Events. Is that normal? Is there a way to get the Last Import photos to Events?

Also, under Pictures, Finder shows "iPhoto Library" and "iPhoto Recovered Photos". I'm not sure what I did to end up with both of those and not sure what the difference is. With 2000 photos, it's hard to look through the folders to see what is duplicated. If I drag "iPhoto Library" into an external HD, will all of my photos be on the external drive or would some be left out (those in the iPhoto Recovered Photos"?

Thanks for the help.

2. recentlyafish macrumors newbie

Last Import points to photos that are already imported into your photo library this is why you cant drag and drop. Some times they get "lost" in all the photos if the camera has a weird date setting or of there is some other problem. To confirm that they are already there, pick any photo in Last Import and copy its file name (title), now go to Events or Photos and search for that photo
    I would try the search technique if you dont have too many photos in the recovered library. Otherwise copy them over and google search for an iPhoto duplicate finding software.