iPhoto Libary Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lucas111, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Lucas111 macrumors newbie

When I first started using iPhoto I had it set up so that the photos I imported were not copied into the iPhoto Library. I have since changed this, and now all new photos that I add to the library are also copied into the iPhoto Library package within my Pictures folder.

I am wondering if there is any easy way to make it so that all the photos that where imported but not copied into the library, can be copied with just a press of a button? So that all my photos are inside the package, and not in different places, as this would be much easier to backup.

I'm using iPhoto 8.0 and Leapord 10.5.7.

Thanks in advance,
    Lucas111

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Try looking for a 'consolidate library' button (similar to iTunes). Im not at home right now so can't check iPhoto has this function but iPhoto works very similar to iTunes in many ways so I am guessing there would be a consolidate library button in iPhoto.

3. bilboa macrumors regular

Unfortunately, iPhoto does NOT have a Consolidate function like iTunes does. I don't know of an easy solution.

4. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

5. Lucas111 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help, but what I ended up doing was opening up the 'iPhoto Library Package' then then going into the 'Originals' folder and replacing all the alias' with the original files. It worked perfectly, and because of the way I had all my photo's arranged(the one's that were not in the package) it didn't end up taking too long.