Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Hi,
So i just got a new 15in MBP and I'm transferring all my photo's and music and such over from my old macbook. However my iPhoto library is merely a picture and not a folder that i can transfer over. Does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it? Thanks!

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
Hi,
So i just got a new 15in MBP and I'm transferring all my photo's and music and such over from my old macbook. However my iPhoto library is merely a picture and not a folder that i can transfer over. Does anyone know why this happened or how to fix it? Thanks!

So you are saying if you right click on the icon and select "Show Package Contents" you don't see a directory structure? You can drag the entire thing over to your new Mac if you want to use the same iPhoto database.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
Yup, since iPhoto 7 ('08), they changed it so the library APPEARS as a single package, I'm guessing to discourage people messing about inside the file structure, as a lot of issues were caused with people doing stuff to the iphoto library outside of iPhoto.

It's still a folder. Right click and show package contents, as stated above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.