iPhoto library missing... gone...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jordanriber, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jordanriber macrumors newbie

Hi,

I seem to have lost my iPhoto library. I opened an older library on a USB drive and then tried to reopen what I thought the newer library was, but it was not the right library. It was yet another library. I can find a total of three libraries, none of which are the one with my most recent pictures. Yes I have viewed the package contents of all three libraries, and they are not the library that I am looking for.

I have searched around with spotlight, searching for key words such as library, iphoto, nef, originals... something that might lead me to the missing library, but all I can find are the older libraries and their contents.

Can anyone help me find my missing iPhoto library... it has disappeared.

Oh, and I am using iPhoto '08 version 7.1.5.

Thanks

Macbook Pro 15" 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.5.7)

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use GrandPerspective to scan your drive for where the HDD space is going to and maybe so can find the big (if it is big) library.

Also try to stop any writing activities to the HDD, as it might overwrite bits of the iPhoto Library.
    Have you looked into the Trash already?

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Open up Finder and in the last set of options on the left choose "all images" or something like that, and hopefully they'll be there. I recenty found that folder for myself and I had many pictures I had long deleted from iPhoto.

If this or another method doesn't work, do you have a time machine backup?

4. kinwashkly macrumors newbie

i photo

I recently went thru the same thing, I am running I photo 8.1, basically I had to rebuild my I photo and copy my pictures out of finder to a desk top folder and then dragged them to my new I photo app. I had great help from apple support as the young man from Texas guided me thru the process over the phone.