iPhoto Library Missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AFPoster, Apr 27, 2014.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So, this may have been posted in the past, but my iPhoto Library has gone missing. I did the most recent security update, and when I turned my MBP back on, plugged in my iPhone the Library was missing and can't be found on hard drive anywhere.

Anyone ever experience this and have ideas on how to find the iPhoto Library folder?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its not in the default location of ~/Pictures then it may have gone MIA.

Do you have a backup to restore it from?

3. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Nothing current. Maybe from 6-8 months ago.

I've been reading Apple Forums and it seems like this has happened to a lot of people, unfortunately no one has a resolution.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Bummers :(

I hate to beat the drum, but this is why we have backups - tough lesson to learn.

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I hear ya! It would be nice if the products actually worked and didn't crash and have things disappear.

Just got off the phone with Apple Support as well, they recommended Data Rescue. They said this happens from time to time to people and there is rarely a resolution.

Lucky me...

6. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, so using Data Rescue I was able to restore my images (still rummaging through them all). It appears (per Apple Support) that my iPhoto blew up and all the images went into individual folders and disappeared...

That said one thing I noticed is that every site I go to, it seems to save images from that site to my computer. For example, looking at shirts at Banana Republic, and all those images (from just scrolling the site) saved on my mac. When I bought Beats By Dre from Amazon, I got that image and a ton of ad's from the page I was on. Is this normal? If so, where are these normally stored on a daily basis?

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say the images are stored in Safari's cache folders.