iPhoto - Library Recovered Photos new folder issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

It seems that every time I open iPhoto, it creates a new folder named "Library recovered Photos 1, ...2, ...3, etc". This folders are filled with unix files with very long names in alphanumeric characters.

I first notice this when my HD was getting filled to capacity and I was barely adding any files to it. I found this folders in the Pictures folder (I imagine it's the root level for iPhoto folders and associated files) and went ahead and deleted all 180 GB of them. Got back my HD space and iPhoto works fine without them...but I have noticed that every time iPhoto is opened it creates a new folder with this files in them. None of my other machines have this files created in them.

What can be causing this? I've check Preferences and there's no option to turn this on/off.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Update - Issue probably solved

Control or right-click on the iPhoto Library file > Show package contents and then move to the desktop the Import or Importing folder. Check to see if you want to save anything from that folder, then proceed to delete it.

So far this has resolved the issue.