iPhoto Library to new MacBook Air

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacPossum, Oct 19, 2013.

1. MacPossum macrumors 6502

MacPossum

My MBA HD was corrupted and I Apple had to completely restore it. Right now I have all of my pictures stored on my iPhone in the photo library. Rather than sync my iPhone to a newly partitioned OS X and wipe all of my photos from my phone, I'd like to figure out a way to save those pictures.

I know I could email myself all 2000 pictures and re-save them to iPhoto, but I was wondering if there was an easier way?

Thanks so much!

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Sync your iPhone to your newly partitioned OSX and DON'T wipe the photos from your phone.

When you import photos to iPhoto, you have the option to delete them from the phone or leave them. So leave them. Also, when you import them... they'll be saved on the computer, so even if you choose to delete them from the phone to save space, you'll have them on the computer.

...you didn't know you could import without deleting from the phone?

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

and after all that's done, figure out and implement a solution to back up your computer so as to avoid having this happen again. Time Machine is so freakin' easy it's stupid not to be making regular backups.

4. MacPossum thread starter macrumors 6502

MacPossum

The photos aren't in my camera roll. They're in my photo library form iPhoto. As far as I can tell there's no way through iPhoto to resync the photo library. Am I missing something?