iPhoto Library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HJKeats, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HJKeats macrumors newbie

Hi, Would anybody out there be able to tell me where the files for picture files are stored when they are imported into the iPhoto library?

Thanks,
    Hayward...

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They're stored in the iPhoto library file in the Pictures folder ...

Warning: Do not mess with the files in there, it can cause corruption and really screw up iPhoto.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

They go into the iPhoto library package. stored in ~/Pictures/iPhoto\ Library

Don't even worry about it though. You never really need to pay attention to the file system in OS X.

4. kwissylawrencek macrumors member

Yeah, it's in the "Originals" folder inside the "iPhoto Library" package in your pictures folder (~\Pictures\iPhoto Library\Originals).
    You can access the iPhoto Library package by right clicking on "iPhoto Library" then selecting "Show Package Contents"

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Just because you CAN, does not mean you SHOULD. Best to leave that file alone and do anything/everything to/with your photos from within the app itself. You and your photos will be much happier!

6. kwissylawrencek macrumors member

It's not necessarily for editing, i know for me it's so i can use the photos in other applications (like as a DP in msn) and for uploading to sites where it is not built into iPhoto.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For that, you should really just drag the photo to the desktop from iPhoto, then upload to wherever. It's faster than trying to find it in the library.