Iphoto- Major System Clogging!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LennonFilms, Jun 24, 2010.

1. LennonFilms macrumors newbie

Okay, so i recently moved my Iphoto(7.1.5) application and library to my external hard drive in order to save space on my computer.

Somehow I lost all my events and all my photos in iphoto, however they are still in the "package contents" of the library. (There is a whole story to this but I will spare you)

Now when I go to import them back into iphoto it begins to take up space on my Mac's Hard drive. What information is still being saved on my computer and where is it being saved?

Also, is it something that can be deleted to conserve memory?

There is a lot more to this problem, which i will go into later if I must...

2. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

Did you tell iPhoto where you moved your library? If not and you try importing photos it's going to create a new one.

3. LennonFilms thread starter macrumors newbie

I did. My concern isn't dealing with the library. My concern is that iphoto is saving SOMETHING on my internal hard drive that I do not have space for, thus not allowing me to dump my photos back into iphoto. There are no new libraries on my internal ANYWHERE! So what is being saved on my INTERNAL that is taking up space?

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I don't know if you can run the iPhoto application from a remote drive. You can move the Library to the HD and tell iPhoto to use it instead. Them I think you can delete the Library on your main drive. Back up before you try this and read "Moving your iPhoto Library folder to a new location" In iPhoto help.

What you need is what I need. A bigger internal HD.

Dale