iPad iPhoto messes up with date/time stamp

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gtrotter, Dec 22, 2012.

1. gtrotter macrumors newbie

As an amateur photographer and owner of iPad 3 I was looking for a good, flexible, picture program which would allow me an easy way of manipulating photos and present them through the fabulous iPad-display.
    I found iPhoto which I liked from the beginning and started to use it. The only inconvenience – and a BIG one – was that I could not place the photos in the corresponding album in the secuence I wanted! After searching the internet for days I realized that iPhoto seems to order the photos in an album in ascending order of date/time stamps in the EXIF, embedded automatically in each digital photo. Finally I found a free program called ´Time Stamp Modifier´ which seems to work only in a Windows evironment. So I loaded the photos back to my Windows PC, applied the Time Stamp Modifier, and modified the date/time stamp to about the 40 photos I wanted to organize (same date and advancing the minutes by 1 minute pro photo). So I got the secuence organized and loaded it to the empty album in iPhoto via the Photo Camera Roll.
    In the corresponding album in the Camera Roll everything looks ok BUT in the iPhoto album it´s again mixed up, as the date/time stamps were modified by whatever magic!
    To make this rather long story short: Is there any soul out there who can help me with this problem as I would hate to abandon iPhotos! Thanks.
    Gtrotter
    hrrixrath@yahoo.com

2. gtrotter thread starter macrumors newbie

changing date/time stamp in iPhoto solved

So after keeping on with my internet search, I could finally answer my own request:

Using Adobe´s LIGHTROOM 4 (you can download it and use it for free for 1 month!) you may correct the original date/time stamp giving your previously ordered pictures a continous time stamp (go to Metadata>Edit Capture Time) on each of your photos and voilá...your pictures are shown in iPhoto´s album in the secuence you decide them to appear! For my in the previous thread mentioned 40 photos I gave each of them a new corrected time incremented by 2 seconds to the previous photo´s time stamp.

It´s quite simple to order your photos this way. There might be even a batch facility, so you don´t have to input the new time stamp for each photo! I´ll try to find it out in LR software.

Hope this helps others to organize their photos in iPhoto!