iphoto - multiple account users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by goldie74, Mar 12, 2011.

1. goldie74 macrumors newbie

i just bought a mac book pro. I set up two accounts on the computer (me and my wife). My wife was logged in as me and worked on iphoto. She would rather manager all the photos through her login. How do i share what she did on my account in iphoto with the iphoto on her account. i have tried the share option in the iphoto options and tried to import library and neither seemed to work

Any help would be great

Thank you

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

This one is a bit tricky. The iPhoto Library can be in a location that isn't protected if you want it to be accessible by anyone. You can also have private iPhoto Libraries, in fact you can have as many iPhoto Libraries as you want, but it is difficult to copy pictures between libraries (Aperture does this better if you really want to get into the more advanced program).

Logged into the account with the iPhoto Library you want to share, open up two Finder windows, one in Pictures and the other in the Home folder. On the one in the Home folder, go up a level to Users, and then down into Shared. Drag the iPhoto Library to Shared.

Start iPhoto by either clicking on the iPhoto library in Shared (can be done from any account) or by Option-clicking the iPhoto icon in the Dock and find and select the iPhoto library in Shared.