iPhoto - mystery 'lastNmonths' album

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gonky, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

Howdy,

My iPhoto (11, latest updates installed) running on Mountain Lion has no albums on it. However, when I sync my iPhone a 'lastNmonths' album shows up with 80 random pictures inside along with 'Recovered Folder' and 'Last Import' which are empty.

[​IMG]

As they do not show up in iPhoto itself, I can't see any way to delete them. Can anybody let me know a way to do this?

Thankyou :)

2. jetblknewyear macrumors newbie

I stumbled upon this thread while also trying to solve this same problem. I figured it out though and wanted to let you know the solution.

If you open iPhoto and go to preferences, you will see this:
    [​IMG]

Your checkbox next to "Show last __ months album" is unchecked. Check the box, and choose a number of months, and then sync your iPhone. The lastnmonths calendar will now say Last _ Months (_ being whatever you entered in the iPhoto preferences).

It appears there is a bug in the iOS software or possibly iTunes that does not give the iPhone proper behavior when this option is unchecked in iPhoto. This should fix the problem, if you don't mind the album still being there. For me, it was just the name of the album on my iPhone and arbitrary number of months of photos it displayed that bothered me.

3. Gonky thread starter macrumors regular

Gonky

Thank you, worked great :)

4. jetblknewyear macrumors newbie

Today's update to iPhoto 9.4.1 (701.67) fixes the bug. Unchecking the box in the iPhoto preferences results in the Last n Months album being removed from the iPhone upon sync.