iphoto names some root folders not others??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dougens, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dougens macrumors member

dougens

my iphoto 6 saves some of my root folder names in the finder window and not others.

any help for how to name all folders for finding pics easier.

thanks.

2. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I think it depends on how you imported - like if you gave the import session a name or not. It not, it will name it according to the date.

The best hting is to forget about folder organisation and let iPhoto manage your library - after all, that is what it is for.

3. dougens thread starter macrumors member

dougens

Leaving it to iphoto is fine but the folders that have names weren't named on import from camera they were added to folders of a certain name and only some of them are named in the root folder.

so for example on eof my folders says croatia holiday so i can go to it strainght away.the rest are dates.i have a lot of photos!!easier to find with folder names.

4. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I have iPhoto manage my photos so I never look at the actual folders - just albums and folders inside iphoto app. I'm not sure what you mean.

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

If you muck about in the library in finder, you will cause iPhoto to not work! Let iPhoto organize things for you, you do your own organization (via albums, smart albums, folders, etc.) from within the app itself. Using keywords, you can find any photo instantly. Give it a try. But DO stay out of the finder! You don't want to corrupt or lose your photos, or access to them, and changing things in the finder will result in just that!