Iphoto need help with library

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacHappytjg, Jun 25, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

well i have a crap load of pictures in my iphoto library and i but them into separate albums but if i want to delete my library it deletes out of the album like will the library pictures go away after a day or something it bugs me i'm a clean person when somethings out of line i don't like it

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This is the only part of the random collection of words you used that I understand.:confused: I hope English is a second language.

3. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

ok since you cant read my "Random" words ill put a comma and period after every word :rolleyes:
    Ok so in my iphoto library there is alot of pictures. I put all the pictures into albums with suitable names, but, when i want to delete the photos from the library it deletes the photo in the album. Is there anyway of deleting the photos from the library without deleting the ones in the albums?

And... English is my first language im just a lazy ass... :p

4. andy.barron macrumors 6502

Basically no. The Library is like the volume your album reads from, so if it isn't in the library, it cannot be in the album.

5. jmadlena Guest

If I am understanding this correctly, what you are trying to do is keep your photos in album, but delete the Library entirely?

I don't believe that you can do that. The Library is the place where everything is stored, and albums are merely an place to organize them. They have to stay in the Library.

6. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

ah well thanks for the replies

7. jmadlena Guest

You are very welcome. Sorry that it wasn't what you were hoping for.

8. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

too bad u couldnt make albums in the library and yea that would solve my problems :D

9. jmadlena Guest

If you are using iPhoto '08, you can view your Library in Events View, rather than just all of your photos at once. I use that, and it helps keep everything organized by day, or trip, or whatever. Much nicer than the whole Library or Rolls, in my opinion.

10. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

well my imac g3 is holding all my photos and videos using iphoto 05 but 08 is on my emac and macbook and want to use my imac g3 for something besdies it sitting around doing nothing so yea i can live with it